As we usher out 2010 and welcome in the New Year, I'd tried to go through all my posts for this past year and do as others have done - pinpointing my favorites or finding one per month that stands out. But that just didn't happen and the clock was ticking down. So, instead, you get a recap of the highlights that are at the top of my mind.
- First, I've recently realized that at the Start of 2010 with my Expanded Resolutionizing there were 13 resolutions that I put out there. Magically, somehow and without even knowing it, I managed to meet 12 of those! You can get a glimpse here, but the only one that I didn't achieve was bringing my A1C down to 7.0. Though I did drop it from the high 8s to the 7.5% level now, that's just shy of the goal I'd set. But, that's a work in progress...
- Community and D-Meetups: By far the most memorable moment from this past year. From the Roche Social Media Summitt in June to the D-Camp Adventures spread out to the smaller settings and 1-on-1 meetups with fellow Hoosier DOCers. All good times!
- My five-month Pump Hiatus that took me to Multiple Daily Injections and led to the impressive A1C drop over the summer.
- Lots of Advocacy, from Congressional meetings to letter-writing to those in the media and on TV who just massively fail in their diabetes information dissemination.
- My wife the crafy Type 3 spouse, from her D-Ninja creations this year to her Diabetes Art Day baked masterpiece in September. Yep. She rocks and I am one lucky man.
- Finally, where would we be without Cats & Bacon. Nowhere good, I'm convinced.
Those are just some of the highlights in my mind. I'm sure there are many more important and worthy items, but with less than a day left before 2011 begins, there just isn't time. So, enjoy the above and feel free to skim the archives and let me know what your favorites are!
Happy New Year!